Wednesday 16 December 2015

Losing that blogging mojo

My birthday treat to myself was a yarn crawl and even the little hands couldn't stay away from the yummy yarn.

I hate to admit it but I've been neglecting the blog for a couple of months and just struggling to get that mojo for blogging. It's not like I haven't had things to talk about but I just haven't been motivated to put words to those thoughts, events and projects.

I think in part I have been reticent to blog because of the time commitment that writing takes. As we approached the festive season I felt the pressure to get onto my Christmas making and to sit down and write was not a luxury that I was allowing myself.

Another reason I have been struggling to write is that the brain commitment was a feeling a bit daunting. I was finding the process of putting my thoughts into words was requiring a fair bit of focus and brain power that most nights after putting the children to bed, I just didn't posess. 

So, to tackle these blocks I realised I should simplify things. I need to be more discerning with the content of the posts and to focus on key points rather than getting too rambly. I want to focus on posts where I have learnt something new or had great epiphanies. I want to write about things that will help and inspire other crafters too.

There is so much fabulous content in the fibre world and many people writing or podcasting great things. I'm not aiming to be on par with those who are already doing great things. I just want to make sure that I'm adding to the good stuff rather than just posting meaningless, self indulgent drivel.

Ok, that's enough for now. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment