Wednesday 7 January 2015

High Water for Sir S

Today I'm just quickly sharing my current WIP (work in progress). Just before the end of 2014 I cast on a jumper for my boy who asked for one while he was watching me frantically try to complete all my Christmas knitting. I haven't knit much for him due to the fact that he is a typically grubby little boy and I don't want my precious woollies being covered in dirt and sand. But my heart melted when has asked me to knit him something.

The pattern is High Water designed by Veera Valimaki and I'm knitting with Silver Grey Cascade 220 worsted for main colour and some green Spud & Chloe Sweater for the stripes. I queued this pattern at least a year and a half ago and I'm excited to be finally taking it on. I also stashed this yarn a long time ago as well and I'm pleased to be doing some stash busting by finally using it for a project.

swatch and initial cast on

It's been a pleasure to knit so far. The joining of the front and back collar stumped me a little initially but if you knit it exactly as instructed it turns out perfectly. I've just separated the sleeves and the body and I'm happy to be taking this project with me as my travel knit while we spend a family holiday in Sydney this week. Since the body is just stockinette I hope it'll be fast knit. At the moment it's looking pretty plain in just the grey. I can't wait to add in the scrumptious Spud & Chloe.


If you want, you can check out my Ravelry notes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment